Saturday, August 7, 2010

Baby Car Wash and a Four Top


The other day we had a little "car wash" outside. Our backyard is so hot in the afternoon, so the girls and I played out front. We gave the neighbors quite a show!
Our VBS this week was called "Backstage With the Bible". We had a concert theme and rocked out to the Go Fish Guys in the beginning and end. We had karaoke times and learned dance moves. It was so much fun!
I brought the CD player and Go Fish CD out front and caught myself dancing around like a fool for the girls (for them, mind you, not with them - I was the only lunatic outside, for sure!). I love the songs and moves!
After some sprinkler fun, I put the girls in their wagon and we set up a "baby car wash". I put the sprinkler close to the sidewalk and we went through the car wash over and over. Kept them busy with minimal thinking on my part. Perfect set-up!


Today I have been rearranging my house. Our bedroom, Little Miss' room, our kitchen and living room have all taken on a new look. Fo's room is next now that she's awake. Do you ever just love to move things around? Makes your stuff feel new for some reason.


The inspiration behind all this moving comes from a new (to us) kitchen table. We have not had a table to sit around for 9 long months. We have been standing/sitting around the island in our kitchen. My parents are moving and don't want to lug their table around the country, so it is ours for the duration.
I feel like a grown up again!

1 comment:

The Hairista said...

You've been a busy bee, friend :) Gotta love having a kitchen table! The rearrangement looks great, even though I didn't see it the other way! Ha! Love ya!