Loving and warm, hidden beneath a gruff exterior.
A Great Depression survivor, hidden behind the pickiest eater I have ever met.
War Hero...though if he heard you call him that he would take offense: "The real heroes are those who gave their life; I just jumped out of some planes."
Rescuer of prisoners from concentration camps; owner of pictures to prove it.
A ladies man back in the day, hidden by his adoration for my late grandmother.
Pictures to prove it.
Watcher of COPS.
Bearer of doughnuts.
Armed with weed killer and Pepsi.
Man who jokingly turns off his hearing aid when he's had enough talk.
A man all his friends' widows call on for help - all over the country.
The Great Mr. D. (He announces himself as: TGMD)
He lives with us 6 months out of the year and he left yesterday.
I miss him so much already.
My Grandpa.
1 comment:
This was really sweet. Hope the next 6 months go by quickly!
Post a Comment