Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Resting Place

I just had the most fantastic time.
Washing dishes.
Wrist deep in suds and warm water, I enjoyed the amazing accoustics in the kitchen and sang my heart out while gazing upon Pike's Peak.
I am in dreamland, AKA my in-laws' house in Colorado Springs.
We love to visit and rarely are able to, so we are living it up this week. Today we toured Adventures in Odyssy at Focus on the Family. I could have lived in the bookstore there.
Little Miss could have lived at the kids' slide for the rest of her life.
Fo wasn't quite as impressed, but it was still fun. I even took a ride on a three story slide. My Mother-in-Law and I were the only ones of appropriate size for the twisty-turny slide, yet I was the only one that donned elbow pads (which looked a lot like socks to me) and a potato sack, climbed three flights of stairs, watched sheepishly as children cut in front of me (as they didn't think I was seriously there to ride myself!) and finally threw myself down.
It was fun, but I felt a little off balance for a while after.
My in-laws are feeding us well and after dinner I offered to clean up. More to gaze out the window at the beatiful Rockies and to admire my MIL's pots up close.
One song I sing repeatedly came to me freely tonight and for the first time in a long time I sang the words in adoration and worship. How could I not while gazing at such an awesome craftmanship of God's creative hand? At times faith is a hard thing. Loving God and trying to explain all He's done to others that don't know Him is difficult. How does one explain the supernatural to natural beings? I only understand in part and that only by what the Spirit reveals through God's Holy Word.
This song, though, speaks to my heart the truth on this subject:

My faith has found a resting place
Not in device nor deed.
I trust the Ever Living One
His wounds for me shall plead.

I need no other argument, I need no other plea;
it is enough that Jesus died, and that He died for me.

My Great Physician heals the sick, the lost He came to save.
For me His precious blood He shed,
for me His life He gave.

I need no other argument, I ned no other plea;
it is enough that Jesus died, and that He died for me.

My heart in leaning on the Word,
the written Word of God
Savation by my Savior's gain,
salvation through His blood.

I need no other argument, I need no other plea;
it is enough that Jesus died and that He died for me.

4 comments:

Amy.E said...

Beautiful!

Lisa said...

That's one of my favorites. Hope you're having a great time!

denise said...

Sounds like an amazing day. I love that you went down the slide too :)

Anonymous said...

So glad you are having a rest. Enjoy!
In the midst of His amazing grace, Chris D.