Friday, May 14, 2010

Crossed Eyes



I noticed it on Super Bowl Sunday at a very fun gathering with lots of friends around. My sweet friend was holding Fo and I noticed that her eyes were a little crossed. It was as if she had just discovered her nose and was fascinated.
I asked her Dr about it a few weeks later when it became an every day occurrence. He saw it, took note, smiled with me and told me not to worry until she was one or two.
Easy enough.
Until the next appointment when I mentioned it again before she got her 6 month shots.
She displayed the cute cross eyes for him again, right on cue, and still, he wasn't worried.
In the meantime, many, MANY, people have asked me if I've talked to her Dr. about her eyes. Funny how when you're a parent, your strive for holy living goes out the window and you want to scratch out the eyes of those picking on your child's!
I wanted to shout: "Of COURSE I talked to her Dr! What kind of mother do you think I am?!" But I didn't. I held myself together and stuffed down my feelings of doubt and trusted my Dr.
She has been having other health issues and I went to talk to him yesterday about them. This time, five seconds in the door, he was not happy about her crossed eyes.
She is now being sent to a specialist. Or two. She has lots of issues that I will talk more about as we know more. I knew when he felt concerned he would let me know.
I hope for her sake we can get them fixed, but for now, I love my little cross-eyed, foot-twirlin', head shakin' happy, happy, beautiful girl.

3 comments:

Adrian said...

When I finally realized that all that mattered was what me and my hub and God (ok and the drs, sometimes) thought about our children and our raising them up, things got abundantly better!! I LOVE YOU! YOUR CHIL'NS ARE BEAUTIFUL AND YOU ARE A WONDERFUL MAMA, THE PERFECT MAMA FOR YOUR SWEETIES! XO

Lisa said...

Oh, goodness! We're praying that they will find nothing serious and that it will have a simple solution!

denise said...

Wow, that visit to the Dr. would've been a hard moment for this mom. I'm proud of you for keeping your head and not worrying! I'll be praying for little Fo and whatever health issues she's facing.