Friday, April 2, 2010

The Cross

I stand before a rugged cross and -oh!- my heart is breaking,
I shudder as I realize this wretched sight is one of my own making.
I stand here before my Savior, hanging there to die;
and know that in my hands alone is where true blame lies.
If not for me, for my sin and my misdeeds,
God the Son would be anywhere else but hanging on this tree.
My stubborn pride, my shameful sin is why He came to die,
I cannot point my finger anywhere else, no matter how I try.
Thank you, Sweet Jesus, for hanging there for me.
Even though I want to shout: "Get down, Dear Lord from that tree!"
You came with a sword to strike the Enemy down,
to speak of love and peace and a place with You in Your Kingdom.
Sweet Lord I can never know what it cost to suffer as You did,
but I know that You still embrace me as Your own even though I've often hid
from those arms of Yours nailed wide open waiting expectantly.
For Your children to run into those arms-Oh Lord-you did it for me.

"There is no one righteous, not even one;
there is no one who understands,
no one who seeks God.
All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one." Romans 3:10-12

"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:23-24

"You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:6-8
Oh, Friends, His love is all consuming, all powerful and for all. He died for you, He died for me.
More than that, He took our sins upon Himself, who was sinless, and took our punishment. Then, after He was buried and dead for three days, Christ triumphantly rose from the dead! He was the perfect sacrifice, our most powerful God! He rose to show His conquer over sin and to bring us home with Him. Please, accept this gift from Him. You will never, ever do anything more important in your entire life. Death will then be your open door, your hello, not your goodbye. Your sunrise, not your sunset. Your very real Heaven in place of a very real Hell.

1 comment:

Angie said...

So incredibly beautiful. What a great reminder for all of us. So happy and blessed to have you in my life, sweet sister in Christ.