Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Worth Mentioning...and not...

Please forgive the randomness of this post. I don't want to forget these things. We've had some fun moments lately that are worth blogging about. Others are just neat for us and...not as much worth blogging about.
But I'm going to go right ahead and do it anyway.
Absolutely worth mentioning: We finally fed New Born cereal this weekend. She was very ready weeks ago, but I wasn't. Selfishly I didn't want to move into the phase where I have to plan ahead and mash baby food and wait patiently while little ones learn to eat. It's so much easier to cart her food around as-is: in my shirt.
Before we fed NB we went out to eat and I decided to give her just a pinch of bread. As soon as it was in her mouth I regretted it. It could have had any number of things she is allergic to! She could choke! I need not have worried. She made a funny face and spit-up the bread (and everything else she had eaten that day) all over me. Aaaaallllllllll over me. I spent the rest of dinner with a wet lap and very happy baby. Good thing we were in a somewhat fancy Italian restaurant instead of Taco Bell. That would have been embarrassing.
Worth mentioning: NB had her six month check up and is growing beautifully (16 lbs!) and is meeting all of her mile stones. And she only cried a little after her shots.
Not worth mentioning: We see a family Dr and I've been having interesting symptoms lately. Symptoms that could last 9 months if they meant anything. Ehem. So I had a check up right after her visit. When the nurses came in to give NB her shots, they happily told me my test was negative. Phew! I love babies, but 3 in less then 3 years would have been a bit of a shock.
Totally worth mentioning: Our DR is very goofy and begged me to let him go play a trick on my husband (Who was in the lobby with FB). He convinced my love that we had a bundle of joy on the way and watched the blood drain from his face. We all had quite the laugh.
Not worth mentioning: My husband plans on hunting him down and citing him with a speeding ticket :)
Worth mentioning: NB is taking longer than FB did to get used to food. She gagged a lot the first go round. Not so much from being unable to swallow it, more that it grossed her out. I've begun to mix the cereal with B-milk and she likes it much better than when mixed with water.
Not worth mentioning: I still can't get Dear Husband to try my new recipe for baby food. Not sure why... ;)
Worth mentioning: I think FB is going to be a very special DR when she grows up.

And finally, not necessary to mention, but I must: I love my family so much. And I love, love, loved the date my husband took me on a few weekends ago. It was wonderful!!

FB has been playing mommy a lot lately...whenever I am doing something with NB in tow - which is pretty much all the time - my oldest runs for her baby and copies me. It's been sweet at times and absolutely hilarious at others. Especially when I found her trying to nurse NB the other day while the baby just stared at her sister like she was nuts.

Growing, growing, growing. I can't believe NewBorn's 6 months. She can sit unassisted for longer periods every day. She can push up like this, she laughs and smiles and laughs and smiles. Even when she had croup she was smiling through her horrible coughs. Precious girl.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Such a sweet family! I missed seeing you guys today!

Amy.E said...

The PG test story is hilarious! Love it! It was so fun hanging out with you on Monday! I had one TIRED boy on the ride home! Lets do it again soon!

Alaina said...

What a cute post! You girls are so cute and growing like crazy - it goes too fast, doesn't it?!

Angie said...

Fun post. My kids loved seeing the pictures of your girls. Love your doctor for freaking Richard out. I can't wait to see you guys soon.

denise said...

Man, I wish I could've been there to see your husband's face (with my camera in tow to capture the magic of the moment).

This was a fun post and your girls are super cute.