Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dedication

This morning we took NB in front of our church and dedicated her to the Lord. We did the same with FB when she was a baby. To us, this in no way guarantees our girls will believe as we do or that they will go to heaven. This is us standing before witnesses to say "We love the Lord, we are following the Lord and we accept these children as gifts from Him. We also except the huge (and terrifying!) responsibility to raise them as the Lord would have us raise them." We are more then happy to do so, but it's a day by day, sometimes minute by minute choice. When I stand before the Lord on that great and wonderful day, I want Him to say to me: "Well done, good and faithful servant. You took the little I entrusted to you, accepted my grace and direction and made much of your life; you glorified Me." These girls of ours are so special and wonderful. But they are not actually ours. They belong to the Lord and He has graciously allowed us to be in on their upbringing. I am so happy and blessed.

2 comments:

Adrian said...

Precious. Love you!

J. Reider said...

Bethany, What a wonderful blog. A beautiful description of what it means to dedicate our children to the Lord. And such sweet pictures of that special day! I have to admit I enjoyed your blog so much I read the last few, and I found out that you are a wonderful writer! (I'm sure everyone else already knew that, but now I do too.) God bless you guys! Jeanelle