One huge perk to this new stage is being able to look over the budget and make purchases now and then. Yes, we want to be debt free and are working hard to make that goal...but we still have to lead our lives and be sure our kids can live, too. So if we take a month off of doubling the car payment to plan a family trip, I think that's important. Not yet, though. That is still a year away.
BUT - we were finally able to purchase this little baby:

I'm still dealing with the baby blues a bit. We had a rough year and the aftershock of hormones from being pregnant with FB, nursing for a year, then immediately getting pregnant with NB and now nursing for another year is - needless to say - wreaking havoc. When I had this problem in FB's early months, I got out and walked and walked and walked. And I felt my depression melt away. I haven't been able to accomplish an actual brisk walk with our current set-up, so I've been researching jogging strollers. With what we had in savings and what I was finding in my research, I was planning to spend close to a car payment to get one.
I found one online for $150 less than I had been planning and it will be here next week. Hoorah!
A year ago my hubby and I were in a tough spot in our relationship. We went to a marriage conference and the most interest he showed was in a financial book! We were surrounded by marriage books and romantic idea pamphlets and I was crushed that he took home the finance book and read it all day - the entire book! I cried out to the Lord for my marriage. I listened to my husband and focused my attention on our budget. I had no idea that God was using our money woes to draw us closer to Him. My mother in law once said that "Once God gets a hold of the pocketbook, He gets a hold of the man." In our case it is so true. Not only has our marriage become so much better (much less stress), but my husband now seeks the Lord in ways I've never seen him do before. And we are approaching a season (soon!) when we can be free to give and help others.
And even purchase a little bit of therapy along the way.
3 comments:
I'm excited for you! Both because you're paying off debt and because you were able to save up and buy that sweet stroller. Walking totally helped me get through the baby blues too. There's just something therapeutic about it.
I love that "once God gets ahold of the pocketbook" quote. Quite true!
thanks for visiting my blog.
we went through the season of gtting out of debt. it was hard but good. there is the scripture that says you "can not worship both od and money.." i didn't realize untilthen how even in the not having $ i was worshiping (consumed) by it. what freedom came as a result of being out of debt!
and our first 2 are 14 months apart! my first was croupy, exhausting, and wonderful. he was 7 months old when we got prego (i was on the pill and nursing). the second was 7 weeks early...AGHHH! it was all crazy, then. BUT it is terrific, perfect, wonder-full now. in hind-sight i''m so gld for so many reasons my kiddos are all close in age. i was a mess a lot of the time then, but it is so good now. and they really delight in each other.
blessings to you!
Post a Comment