When I met a sweet woman in the Chevron parking lot, I almost cried handing seasons 5 and 8 over to her.
Yesterday I decided I was tired of being afraid of the wrong person finding us on our blog and I changed the address to not have our last name in it anymore.
Immediately after, I realized that I had lost my blog list and had dropped of the face of Blog Land...as far as you all knew. Oops.
Sometimes it's good to be impulsive, but most of the time it doesn't pay off.
We made an offer on our house on impulse and while I love our home, sometimes I wonder what would have happened if we would have just slept on it.
We had to buy a new fridge last month. Fortunately we had a bonus retirement fund set up that let's us take out for emergencies. The freezer side of our fridge was popping open and it was pretty old, so we decided on a budget and went shopping.
I almost went over our budget by $400.00 for a fridge that gives a shaved ice option.
Seriously.
When I pitched the idea to Husband, I'm sure he was thinking about how many times he has heard me ask for a snow cone and the grand total was: zero.
We moved on to another fridge that was only $100.00 over budget. Our friends have a similar one and we like theirs. We were going to buy, but there was a bit more of a sale if we waited until the next day, so we went home.
As we talked it over that evening, we realized we were not being wise. Why go over budget for it? We re-evaluated and went back to the store.
The results of going home to talk it over were amazing:
We found a great fridge for the right price. This one fits our needs and wants even more than what we thought was our dream fridge.
It was on sale.
It was on sale even lower at another store.
Sears matched that price, and gave us 10% of the difference. They delivered for free.
And it's just right for us.
Sometimes it pays (Literally) to wait.
If only it made shaved ice.
4 comments:
Oooooh, pretty! Great job (again) on making a great decision. It usually pays not to jump into things like that. Or so I've heard. :)
Your fridge looks great. That is awesome that you guys stayed within budget :) That is very hard to do, especially when they were throwing shaved ice at you :)
The fridge looks SO nice. Way to go on sticking to your budget.
Ooh, and I'm thinking I should've sent you a Snoopy snowcone machine for your birthday! Since you love shaved ice an all...
Post a Comment