"What?! I have to wait 2 MINUTES for this to load?! Man!!!!" (Good thing I didn't have to wait months for letters back in the day, eh?
Another reason is that I am actually working on a story. I have almost quit numerous times and I finally decided that no one has to read it. I just want to finish it. (And I made my dad a character who is in jail at the moment and he asked me to not leave him there. So...I should listen to that for sure)
And finally, this little guy is taking up a lot of time:
This is Jack. As in Jack Frost. As in it was snowing for the first time this season when we got him and hasn't really stopped snowing this week and I'm not very creative with names. More about Jack another day. Highlights?
-He is not a smelly dog
-He is sweet and calms down easy - at 8 months old!
-He is sucking up to me, which is exactly what he needs to do.
-He is already protective of us without being vicious toward others
-He has never messed in my house - fully house trained!!!
Downfalls?
-He loves to run up behind Raegan and pounce on her shoulders - effectively knocking her over
-He has a loud bark and usually uses it around 3 in the morning-in my face-just
because he's bored
-He is still figuring out what he can and can't play with. Raegan's toys are rapidly gaining bite marks and losing heads
-He hasn't learned quite yet that it's not ok to pull my fresh pan of cinnamon rolls (or other baked goods) off the counter for his own special treat
-My use of the phrases: "Stop that!" or "No! I said nooooo!" has tripled in the last week and I'm emotionally exhausted
He also has joined in something that is a constant source of annoyance for me:
My animals and oldest daughter have decided that when I am in the restroom it is family bonding time. The cat saunters in first, wrapping my legs in a figure 8. Raegan is usually next, trying to figure out what I'm doing, or sitting on her potty as well, or simply deciding it's the best time for a story...
now Jack follows in and stares at me or lays his head in my lap. Ugh. No amount of grumbling or "get out!" seems to work. And now that Raegan can open the door? I've just admitted defeat...
Maybe I should just stick them in the laundry room?
4 comments:
THAT is the cutest pic of Raegan poking her head in the kitty door! How cute! Um, my friend, would you like a lock on the bathroom door for Christmas this year? Although I know that doesn't do much. Poor Andy tries for some privacy and Chloe just squeals and pounds and peeks under the door trying to get to him. Poor guy, all I can do is crack up.. I can't believe you got a dog!! I'm jealous..but then again I'm not after reading the not so fun stuff that came along with... He is a cutie though, I'm sure he will adjust to the house rules soon enough! How fun, I love animals!!
Welcome, Jack! Bring him over sometime. He and Gunner can wear each other out.
And, I hear ya on the bathroom thing. Is nothing sacred?
Jack is very cute and that picture of Raegan is so cute. I love it.
What an adorable (and hilarious) picture of Raegan!
I have the same privacy issue when I'm in the bathroom. First my daughter comes in to sit on the floor and look at a book, then the dog flops down in the doorway, and finally the cat sneaks in and rubs against my legs. Drives me crazy!!
Post a Comment