Friday, December 4, 2009

I'll admit it...

*When I'm grocery shopping and I can barely see my toddler because the baby's carrier is in front blocking everything, and the toddler keeps leaning out of the cart in an attempt to "help" me shop, and she swats at my hand when she gets in trouble and I threaten to carry her the rest of the trip and she immediately reaches out to me to do just that...(gasp!)...I oblige and balance her on my arm the rest of the trip

*When I would really like to buy less expensive yogurt and an older couple is camped out in front of that brand discussing life's greatest questions (or maybe just the grocery list) I give up and immediately grab the most expensive yogurt available because it's easy to get to.

*When I have amazing coupons for tuna, I'll buy it-even though we hate the stuff and it will sit in our pantry until Jesus comes back

*When I used my coupons to buy really cheap juice and bonded for a minute with the gal in the aisle using the same coupon, I almost bought the juice she suggested just to be nice even though I didn't want that kind at all...almost.

*I felt guilty all day for not buying the juice she suggested

*When I see that our store is selling oranges for $.18/pound and there is a mob of people picking over the oranges like vultures...I join right in the madness. I mean, seriously, $.18/pound!!!!

*When my parents invite us out to dinner, I gratefully accept because the thought of cooking after a grocery trip sounds awful...especially since the baby started crying in the check-out line and didn't stop until I charged into my parents' house to feed her because they are so much closer to the store than my home

*When I find out my dinner comes with a free slice of pie...I peruse the options and pick the one and only pie that I know Richard won't touch

*I found out that I don't care much for coconut cream pie

*When I don't feel good, I give in and let Raegan eat at her table in the living room and play any movie she wants just because it's so much easier

Anyone else have random things to admit this week?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'll admit...that I let my children have PB&J sandwiches ON CHEAP HAMBURGER BUNS instead of whole grain bread because there were two left and I'm trying not to waste anything. And that your blog makes me laugh.

Angela said...

You are cracking me up! So funny!

denise said...

I'd totally be tackling people to get to those $.18/lb oranges. That is a great price.

Thanks for the funny post.