Bethany Riehl writes fiction with the sole intent of pointing others to Christ and His glorious love.
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Our Halloween
Baby Sleeping. Toddler napping. Husband cleaning the garage. Football game on tv. TV muted. Christmas music on radio station. Stew simmering. Goblin Popcorn baking. Bread rising. Grey fall day. Dishwasher swishing. Hitchcock movie waiting. Grocery trip looming. Warm grey sweater. God calling. I'm listening. Heart swelling. Fall falling. Orange pumpkin waiting to be scraped clean. Sore throat. Perfect cup of coffee brewed. Surprise discovery. Mystery novel calling. Mixer ready for bread. Hope stirring. Trick played. Treats in return. Lovely, wonderful day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
:) Sounds much more peaceful than my halloween!
Wow. That sounds great! We've been scrambling around all day.
I tried to reply yesterday, but apparently my internet is so out of whack that it wouldn't allow me too! :(
Your Halloween sounded extremely peaceful and relaxing! My house was full of chaos and screaming,fighting children(only my two kids were home). Ugh.
Next year, I am coming to your house :)
xoxo
Hey Bethany! Sounds cozy and wonderful. I think we should get together with our kiddos some time soon. What do you think? Haven't seen you in a long while!
Post a Comment