I'm baaa-aaack! I had a week that I just wasn't in the mood to be on the internet much at all. I do now (lucky you, I know!) so I have a lot to confess. My husband said that "Not Me" is hard to read and to be honest, it's hard to write. I'm in a rush, so I am Confessing today :)
I confess: When asked to help lead a very sweet blind woman to the sanctuary at Bible Study last week, I ran her right into the door I was opening for her. I also confess this is not my first time leading the blind and running said person into something...nor is it my second time. I confess that I am not a good leader in any sense of the word!
I confess: I had let down right when I sat down to type, I don't have pads in because I'm home today and my front is a tad wet...sigh. Gross. Just keepin' it real...
I confess: We bought Raegan a potty, Elmo undies and treats this weekend and I am starting the potty training process full force today. I. Am. Terrified. Raegan had three good potty moments yesterday as we casually introduced the potty and when she actually peed in it before bed last night, I clapped and laughed and maybe teared up a bit. I also danced, sang and made a general fool of myself.
I confess: I had the same reaction to Raegan peeing in the potty as I did when Harper full blast smiled at us all day yesterday. It's the same level of excitement: smiling and peeing. Hmmm...and to think I used to jump up and down when a boy called. Puh-leeze...first smiles and peeing in the potty is so much better :)
I confess: speaking of boys calling: I was wholeheartedly delighted when Little Miss Newborn spit-up all over my ex-boyfriend's nice shirt at a kids birthday party this weekend. We dated in high school and as we are both married with children, I hardly think of him as an ex-boyfriend, but since he was my first and we broke up on good terms, I might have found it wildly entertaining. And told him so. I confess I'm still smiling about it :) :) :) I also confess that, while I never wish to be in the same room again with other exes...I really wish I could toss some spit-up (and maybe worse) their way...hmmm...that could be a new business.
I confess: When Richard got his clothing allowance for work and had some left over, he announced he was buying clothes for his girls. I was slightly disappointed that he didn't mean me. I confess I was more than slightly disappointed.
I confess: I am delighted to have a new work-out video, but am trying not to be offended that Richard used his clothing allowance money to buy me this special gift...Hmmm...new clothes? No. Work-out video? Yes. What's being said here?
I confess: I went for my 6 week check-up with the Dr, was mortified when I had to ask if we had the "all-clear" for Song of Songs activities, and my Dr. looked at me like I was a randy teenager and said: "Honey, you need to wait!" I confess I was confused but also embarrassed that she thought we were so eager. Then I felt better when I realized she thought Harper was only 3 weeks old. I can laugh about that now.
I confess: My problem with nursing that I mentioned earlier has now just changed to interesting stains on my shirt. Now I have to change. Grrrr!!! I confess I feel to lazy to change, but KNOW that I will forget if I have to go somewhere and get funny looks all day long!
I confess: I'm terrified for Raegan to wake up!
I confess: I have never been able to do an appropriate crunch or sit-up. I always strain my neck no matter how hard I try not to!
I confess: I was surprised that carrying around two kids has not prepared me better for the work-out I did this morning. My arms are numb!
I confess: I have run out of things to confess. Any of you need to step into the confessional?
4 comments:
I confess that you are WAY more together than I am. Working out less than two months after a baby AND potty training? Wow. And I confess that story about leading the blind made me laugh.
f.u.n.n.y.
Love it! Hope things are well with you, my friend! <3 Tell Sir Richard hi!
P.s. my workout kicks my hiney too!
Hurts so good... right?
I'm glad you're back. It was waaaay too quiet on your blog last week :) I always look forward to reading your posts.
I confess: I think that working out gives me carte blanche to eat whatever I want. And then I wonder why, when I'm working my butt off, it still isn't getting any smaller.
I loved your bog so much I did an I confess on my blog...guess I had a lot to confess.
Tell Richard that I agree with him about not totally getting the "not Me" all the time but really a work out video?!?!?!?
Love your posts!!!
Amy P
Post a Comment