I have not forgotten numerous times and picked Raegan up this week. I would never put my healing in jeopardy like that. I do not miss the little every day things I did with Raegan before Harper was born. I am not totally crushed when she wants Daddy instead right now and goes to him for help with things and comfort when she's hurt. I was not offended when she insisted that I be the one to clean out her diaper last night while Daddy put her to bed. Not me!
I have not come up with creative ways to care for Raegan on my own in the mornings so Richard can sleep in. I have not taught my daughter to climb out of her crib while Mommy "guides" her down. I was not proud of this basket:
that I put together so I can change diapers on the living room floor instead of lifting Raegan up on the changing table. I was not equally thrilled that I thought of using this chair:
to feed Raegan breakfast so that I wouldn't have to lift her into her big chair. Raegan does not love this chair and I usually don't have it in our closet for her to play in while I'm showering. This morning I was not trying to decide if I should brave giving her yogurt outside of her high chair. I would never, ever consider letting her run around with gooey dairy product just to be sure Richard is well rested so I can get a nap later. I was not very proud of myself for remembering this chair to solve the problem.
It was not only a couple days after leaving the hospital that we decided to run to Babies 'R Us for a few little things, only to find an amazing deal on a dresser. Richard's parents did not give us this amazing gift and I am not IN LOVE with the one we found. We did not have to wait around for a while to get everything figured out for his parents (who live a few states away) to purchase the dresser for us. I was not totally overwhelmed with Raegan's no-nap, cranky attitude. Richard did not chase Raegan around the store like a trooper while I stood guard (secretly wishing I was still pregnant so my position as guard would be more intimidating!) over the furniture. I was not aching, tired, ears buzzing and ready to cry at having to be at the store for so long. I was not relieved that an employee told us she could wrap up the dresser while we waited and get it on a dolly - releasing me from my post. I was not excited to shop around the store a bit. I did not squeal in delight when I found a Chip & Dale Disney DVD and immediately throw it in our cart "for Raegan". Not me.
This is not the ultra fabulous dresser/changing table we found and love:
It was not already on sale for hundreds of dollars cheaper than its original price only to be rung up for even cheaper at the register. We would not have paid about the sme for some plastic drawers from Walmart by the time the same was said and done. I have not been too tired to put clothes in it and organize everything in the shelves. I did not snap this picture while Raegan was trying to nap...thus waking the groggy girl and making her fall asleep way later than I intended. I would never risk ruining a nap for a blog picture. Not me!
I do not toally love these new snapshots of my family. I do not adore these dresses that my friend, Emily, bought for the girls. We did not bring Harper home from the hospital in her dress, then quickly wash it so she and Rae could wear these adorable outfits for our first Sunday back at church.
I am not including this cute picture of Richard and Harper, even though it will not post straight in the blog even though it is straight in my computer file. I am not frustrated with it, but desperate to show the cuteness in this pic anyway:
And lastly, I am not dreading our trip to the doctor today, but excited for milkshakes afterwards. We are not having Raegan get her 18 month immunizations during Harper's well-child check today. We would never turn her life upside down with a baby sister, then torture her with shots at the doctor soon after. Not me!!
How about all of you? How's isn't your week going?
3 comments:
You have a beautiful family there, my dear! But seriously, take it easy on yourself. Things will settle down to a routine soon enough.
And, I love the dresser! Nice job on that one!
I don't think I can keep my thoughts straight long enough to do a "not me" post! How about a "not me" sentence? I did not just give my daughter salt and vinegar pringles chips to keep her happy while I read your entertaining post! Not me!
It sounds like life is a little crazy right now, so I'm impressed that you're even posting. I love that you thought to put Raegan's chair on the floor. Smart! I can see why you like the dresser so much. Good job scoring a bargain on it.
Post a Comment