Wednesday, May 20, 2009

W.O.W. - What A Week!

I hesitated posting this today, because I didn't want to take away from the update on Josiah. Please remember his family as they ache for their baby, but rejoice that he is with the Lord.

Before :


After :


I only worked on the closet for a couple of hours yesterday and today. All that was needed was some reorganizing...and the motivation of coffee in the end! (Fingers crossed!) Months ago I took everything non-Raegan friendly out of our bathroom cabinets and drawers and dumped them on these shelves. As you can see, it still looks cluttered, but at least in an organized way...sort of! I want to invest in a lot more baskets to place things in since we don't have a dresser.
I did spend a lot of my W.O.W. time and energy this week on my story. I'm not quite willing to share the story, but I will show y'all this:

I know it might not seem like I'm very far along, but I have only been working on this particular story for a couple of weeks. I spent a lot of hours writing this week. I had been blocked and frustrated for a few days, but decided to just plow through and not worry about the way the story is written for now. I'm just getting the bones of the story down, then will go back and revise, revise, revise! That's what writing is all about anyway, isn't it? Anyway, I'm having a lot of fun. And I learned that I can't write very late into the evening or I will toss and turn with ideas and thoughts about it all night.
I would have achieved even more goals if my husband hadn't introduced me to this:

I have always been intimidated by this little number game because I am horrible at math. I didn't realize that math has nothing to do with it. Richard dared me to try one on Saturday morning and I am hooked!! Notice that the Sudoku book is next to my Bible? Not good! But for those of you keeping attendance, we did go to church on Sunday and it was lovely.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, that blasted Sudoku! It's so addictive! And I think your closet looks great!

Angie said...

Wow! Great job on you closet....it looks fantastic!

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

Great job on the closet. And the book writing... so impressed, what a goal to set out for!

Kimberly said...

Great work, everything is really organized. And I know the writing is a lot of work too, it's so hard to set aside time for that when there are all kinds of other pressing things to attend to. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

GOOD JOB WIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heidi said...

Your closet looks awesome! I love sudoku! I agree, it is very addicting!

Shiloh said...

I want a closet like that. It looks great! Great job!