Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hearing and Caring

I have been really pensive this week. Remember my church and fellowship frustrations? A dear friend moved home for the summer and was all geared up to do a Bible study. She found a wise, sweet woman in our church to mentor us and we all met last Thursday. Oh sweet fellowship! I am so excited for this study and to meet with these women each week. I had been so lonely in this area, so very desperate for a chance to learn, grow and build relationships with other believers. I cried out and my Lord heard...and cared.
We get paid once a month and starting last month I took over the bills/budget. My husband has been doing an amazing job, but he has enough on his plate and it's easier for me to do it, so I took over. My theory is: we get paid once a month, so let's pay everyone up front, take out cash and divide it up for groceries, gas and such and just not touch the account for the rest of the month. It's amazing how much that limited our unnecessary spending! It's a bit stressful knowing that our savings is the only money available, but we were so proud of ourselves last month! We ate out once (except the few times my parents invited us out) and it was a very planned event. We set a day to splurge and didn't question it before or after. It was wonderful! I had cut our grocery budget quite a bit last month due to an unexpected bill and let's just say now that we're back to normal I feel so rich after last night's shopping trip! Ha! I can't believe I was able to feed my family on what I did! The point is, I prayed over our bills/budget last month and God provided when the numbers didn't add up. I cried out and my Lord heard...and cared.
I have begun to avoid reading certain blogs and news stories as I progress in this pregnancy. I care so much about people and don't want to ignore that there are hurts in the world, but I know to control my own anxiety in this pregnancy I have to be careful. I have been thinking of little Josiah this month and his family. They said that ever since they found out about his tumor he had been really showing a love for Jesus in his heart. He would dream dreams about Jesus and whenever someone said "I love you, Josiah" he would say "I love you too...but I love Jesus better". He fell asleep overlooking the Magic Kingdom and woke up in God's Kingdom. Our God heard their cries...and He cared.
All I can think of today is that song: "What a Friend we have in Jesus...what a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer."
As simple or as heartbreaking as our needs may be, He hears. He cares. I just can't stop pondering that this week and wondering why it's so easy to forget sometimes.

This picture doesn't really have anything to do with anything. I just love that she puckers up for a kiss. There was a time that I didn't believe this little miracle (or the squirmy one in my belly) was possible. God heard. He cared.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Awesome. What a great reminder and so encouraging to see how he answers our prayers and fills our every need.

Adrian said...

I am wiping my eyes... I love you, sweet girl! XO

Amy said...

I am so excited that you have found and your friend have found some fellowship and a Bible study to share with each week (or when ever you get together.)

We are praying for your ever growing family.