Right after Thanksgiving, Deech and I bought a 21 pound turkey that was waaaay on sale at the grocery store. To save on grocery costs this month, I am cooking said turkey today and will most likely incorporate turkey into most meals the rest of the month. Turkey soup, turkey pot pie, turkey primavera...you get the idea. We have a lot of ham leftover for similar reasons, so I will break up all the turkey talk with ham as well. For today, I am making apple pie, my mother in law's amazing stuffing, yams, corn and rolls. Well, the rolls are from Easter, so I'm cheating a smidge. Should be yummy. The weather is typical spring here: warm and beautiful Sunday, cold and about to snow today. I'm sort of glad for the ickiness since I will be making such a winter time feast. I should try to write more of my Christmas story while I'm in the mood! (I started a story around Christmas and got further on it than anything I've ever written...then Christmas left and so did my inspiration for such a tale. I'm planning on working on it again next holiday season; we'll see how many years it takes to finish!)
We have many adorable pictures of Liz's first Easter egg hunt, but they are all on my Dad's camera. So these few pictures will have to do. She was quite fussy by this point as we were heading home for naps. The only way to keep her pleasant for the camera was to let her play with the blossoms off of the tree behind us. At one point she was eating them and my dad captured a typical mom face on me.
Hope you all had a fabulous Easter weekend and are enjoying a wonderful week. Anyone dealing with the tax deadline today, you are in my prayers!!


2 comments:
Mmmmmmm. Thanksgiving sounds good! What a good idea to pick up a turkey on sale after the holidays!
Hi Bethany! I read the fabulous news that your new child will be a daughter! How fun for Raegan to have a little sister! Congratulations to you and Richard! The turkey and ham meals sound delightful and your home will be invaded with those special aromas! Much love, Barb
Post a Comment