Monday, April 6, 2009

Blessed Spring!

I try not to get disappointed and caught up in the weather in the months of March - May. I know spring is coming and will be here and it is a process of wet and cold and sunshine and warmth. I need to be patient while the seasons quietly transfer. Does it just feel like the earth itself is trembling? Waiting in anticipation for the warmth of the sun and the freshness of spring rains? I love the seasons. They are such a vivid picture of Christ. His life. His Death. His Resurrection. His Return. Aren't we all just shivering in anticipation for Spring? Maybe it's really the return of Christ that is so...exhilarating to think about. Can you tell Easter is near? And that it's my favorite holiday?

We took Liz to a park yesterday for the first time and what a blast we had! The camera that I have begun to keep in my purse for such occasions was out of juice, so I will just have to take more when Liz and I go meet a friend of ours today at the same park.
We also had the best family lunch ever - $3.18 for two foot long hot dogs and two sodas at Costco. I treated the family with my allowance (since it was my hot dog desire that took us to Costco on a Sunday afternoon - what was I thinking?!). We were going to enjoy them in the dining section of the store, but it was packed. At one point, Deech indicated a table that was clearing out and told me to go snag it. I was being polite and waiting for them to actually stand and step at least an inch away...but I wasn't fast enough. Some old timer snuck right in there! Apparently it doesn't pay to be polite on Sundays at Costco! Now that I think of it, I wonder if we could have just taken our lunch to one of the patio furniture displays? We couldn't be looked down upon for doing our research on the practicalities of eating hot dogs on outdoor chairs, could we? Hmmmm... Instead, we enjoyed our dogs in the car, which actually was quite nice with Liz since she was strapped down. Whew! She is becoming a handful! We now understand why couples say they ate out a lot less once they had kids. We have entered that stage. We went to a restaurant on Friday night to celebrate he/she's ultrasound and Liz was all over!!! I got some cute pictures of her, though:


She was having a lot of fun! She actually does quite well in the high chairs there, but the place was crowded and her chair would have been in a danger zone. So we opted to let her march around on Deech's bench. She felt very important!

I'm ignoring my house projects for a bit (except for cleaning). This is my project this week:


Our neighbor gave us her refrigerator and I am jazzed! Ours is very nice, but very small and it's stainless steel while the rest of our appliances are black. So we are painting this fridge black to match with this appliance paint:

Richard did a test patch to see how it works and dries. I want to do the painting, but both of us feel that that would be a poor decision for baby he/she, so I will just be scrubbing it clean today so that he can paint it the next few evenings. Then we will sell our fridge and move the big one right on in!! I will show you the finished project soon, I hope! This has been sitting in our garage for weeks! I'm ready to have the space back.
Anyway. Nothing exciting. Any grand plans for Easter out there? Any fun traditions with your kiddos? I would love to hear!