Tuesday, March 24, 2009

One Down...

Well, I had plans to finish my pantry and fridge yesterday, but didn't totally finish. I got a wee bit distracted by this girl begging to go outside.

She discovered our wind chimes for the first time. I love wind chimes!!!

As you can see, it was a tad windy yesterday. She was having so much fun walking into the wind. Do you remember doing that as a kid? Just leaning over and letting the wind hold you up? Please ignore the weed garden behind her. We left that part of the lawn without grass so that we can put rose bushes along the back of the house. I dream of the sweet fragrance drifting through open windows on warm summer evenings. The bushes should be here soon. I'll update then.

She now likes to slide on her own and gets pretty offended if I'm too close to the bottom. She loves toppling over on the ground.
We had to rush through our play time because I really needed to go grocery shopping yesterday. And I really wanted to get home before Deech came home. He ended up beating us by just a few minutes. But I had promised her we could go outside and I kept forgetting until she pounded on the back door. Oops. Can't break my promise, so Deech came home to a bit of a messy kitchen.
Now I'm not sure if we're headed into some awful stage where Liz is going to be a nightmare at the store, but for now, she is wonderful!! She gets restless sometimes and even yells out and makes me hang my head and shuffle along in shame sometimes. It's really helped that I now shop once a week, making the trip a lot shorter. Honestly, though, for the majority of the time she is a well-behaved little doll! I let her hold my pen and paper until I need to cross something off the list, then she takes charge until I need it again. It's so cute. I am having so much fun with this girl. She has been such a delight. I can't wait to meet this little one as well.
I don't believe anyone needs to be married or have kids to be complete. I absolutely believe that a person is only complete with a relationship with Jesus Christ. It's such a delight to partake in His gifts to us, no matter what they are. And it's amazing to me how consistent He is in teaching and molding us. He refuses to just let us be...the same. If Liz stayed just as she is, without learning anything else, what good would that do her? Same with us. There is so much more to learn and see. I love the verse: "Taste and see that the LORD is good. How happy is the man who takes refuge in Him!" Psalm 34:8. I love that the psalmist says: TASTE and see. I love to eat. I love to taste and experience. We are to experience and love the LORD with all of our senses. And we can because He is alive and active in our lives.
Anywhoo....
I did finish my pantry and it is glorious! I just want to stand and gaze!

I've mentioned a few times that I used to work at Starbucks and while there, you can't help but learn how to drink (end enjoy) your coffee black. A constant drink that we baristas would share together in the calm before the storm on a Sunday morning was: 2 shots of espresso, 1 packet of raw sugar, whipped cream and carmel drizzle. At least that's how I remember it. It was the burnt marshmallow or something and it was potent. Lots of sugar and caffeine to jump start you and bring you crashing right down! My favorite drink by the end was iced coffee with just a squirt or caramel and a quick pour of cream. I am ashamed to admit that this is what I've sunk to :

Sigh! This pregnancy has me grossed out by regular coffee. Hot chocolate, too. Tea is OK, but only once a week. I tried this a month or so ago and loved it! I have tried: English Toffee, Double Mocha and White Chocolate Caramel. English Toffee has been my favorite. I, a former Starbucks barista, am ashamed, but it is oh so delicious!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Your pantry does look glorious! I should quit prcrastinating and do mine. We're excited to see you Thursday!

Jan said...

Okay, I'm jealous (in a good way) of your pantry. It looks wonderful. You go girl!

Jan

Katie@ThisCrazyLife said...

Every now and then I have to stop and remind myslef that sometimes I just have to stop "keeping up" with things and just do what the kids want to do. I try to ask myself if 20 years from now they will remember that I had clean toilets or will they remember that we played outside, had tea parties, and read books together. Glad you had a fun day with Rae!