Little Miss has been feeling pretty gross for about a month now. It seems to always be something. Double ear infections that have stubbornly hung on, an infection resulting from all the antibiotics, an awful rash that resulted from the infection...and just when the meds were totally out of her system and we thought we were in the clear, we spent all Sunday night with her and a bowl...you can figure it out.
Fast forward to last night. She had been pretty crabby yesterday. She is definitely teething and miserable. Wouldn't eat much for me. Wouldn't nap. I got her to drink two glasses of juice and some cheerios. Mr. came home. We tried to eat dinner. Here is how "the incident" occurred:
Mr sets down his fork, "I'm just going to put her to bed. Maybe she'll take a nap and eat when she wakes up."
I agree, but am enjoying my salad, so I just nod and let him take her back.
A minute of silence then:
"Oh!"
Little Miss starts crying hard, and Mr asks me to come to her room.
I rush down the hall and can't understand what Mr is saying over LM's crying. He keeps asking me to take her, but all I can really make out is that she "pooped". I am really confused as to why I have to take her out of the room if she pooped. I finally realize it's probably bad enough for a bath. So I pick her up and turn her around to inspect her backside.
Then I realize what the problem really is. She didn't "poop". She did something that rhymes with that. The wall gets what Deech had just gotten all over him.
I won't go into details; I don't want to gross anyone out anymore.
As we proceeded with clean up and such, Deech realized that he couldn't get the lights in that part of the house to work. He started fiddling with the fuse box and called his dad for advice. We were a little panicked about the lights because the sun was setting and we still had clean up to do.
Suddenly he realized what the problem was: Liz hit the outlet directly and had shorted out a fuse. Deech made a trip to the hardware store (let me remind you he hadn't showered yet) purchased the necessary equipment and fixed the electricity.
In the mean time, Liz is acting sleepy, but completely normal. I have a bowl out just in case, but she is only interested in putting it on my head.
We didn't have any more problems and Deech finally showered when I told him he was a wee bit stinky.
Sorry if this grossed anyone out, but the adventures of parenthood are far too amusing not to share! Has anyone else had a crazy experience since becoming a parent?
3 comments:
Oh, my goodness. Poor...everbody! As much vomiting, etc. as we've had around here, we've never had it has never affected our electricity! I hope Raegan feels better soon!
hahahahaha! Good times :-)
This is a story you will never forget! Th only suggestion I can make is this. We buy those cheap seasonal bowls at Wal-mart. Like right now thy probably have Easter ones. They are like 2.99 but if you wash and re-use the money is worth it. They are big so not only can they hold a lot of puke but they make it easy to aim. Good Luck
Post a Comment