Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The dilema


PHOTO GAME # 1

PHOTO GAME # 2

PHOTO GAME # 3

PHOTO GAME # 4
The problem with having a job is that it has made me blog lazy. And the problem with being blog lazy is that I have so many things to write about, but not much room and too much pity for those of you that might read this:) So just for fun, I am going to post some pictures and see what you all think the story behind them is. Sorry, no prizes will be given out, but it could be fun if you're killing time!
I also wanted to hear every one's best and worst/craziest Thanksgiving stories. Here are mine:
Last year was probably my favorite so far. I hosted at my house and insisted on making just about everything. I was 8 months pregnant and still can't believe we didn't take any pictures!! My sister's wonderful family came over and we had a lot of fun. Deech had to work, so we met early enough for him to enjoy his meal. Then I joined my sister's family at her house for hot chocolate and tree decorating. I was so excited to be so pregnant on major holidays last year so I could eat without the guilt. Until my doctor warned me to be careful on Thanksgiving because preggos overeat and then indigestion makes them think they are in labor. Apparently Labor and Delivery is busy on Thanksgiving. It turns out she didn't need to warn me. My belly was so full of Liz, I didn't have room for much else!
My worst was the first year Deech and I were married. We had just had a miscarriage and I was struggling quite a bit emotionally. For some reason I decided that even though I had frozen pie crust in the fridge, I had to make my own. I still wasn't a great cook at this point and I'm not sure why I took on this task. I kept thinking of that saying: "easy as pie" and figured it couldn't be that hard. Well, the first time for me was and let's just say that Deech tried to say something encouraging and I heaved my pie dough on the kitchen floor and ran to our room, where I threw myself on our bed in a heap of sobs. We used the frozen pie crust that year. I had made a yummy chocolate silk pie (all from scratch except the crust) and when we got to my parents' house, I dropped it on the floor. My dad took one look at my quivering lip and quickly scooped the pie back onto its plate and we ate it anyway! Although it was my worst, Deech and I giggle a lot about my outbursts at that time.
So, since then, I have become quite a passionate cook and am hosting Thanksgiving again this year. However, my dear sister, A, and I split the menu this time and I asked her to cook the turkey. I am better with pie (I can now make my own crust)and rolls anyway. Here's my portion of the menu:
Eggnog Pumpkin pie and Eggnog Pumpkin Pecan pie.
sweet croissant rolls
green bean casserole
sweet potatoes
my MIL's yummy stuffing
a relish tray (bread and butter pickles, cheese ball and crackers, olives, little smokies)
pomegranate 7-up
million dollar caramel cookies for tree decorating at my sister's house later. Deech is working again this year (and Christmas Eve and day as well!) so we are having our meal a little earlier so that he can enjoy his dinner without having to rush right off to work. Who wants to do that on a full stomach?
So, please give me your best guess at the scenario surrounding these pictures and/or Thanksgiving stories. I would love to hear them!

2 comments:

jmrcrusader said...

Jeremy says,
Picture 1 - Regan playing.
Picture 2 - Richard standing and Regan sitting in her stroller
Picture 3 - Richard holding Regan
Picture 4 - Regan sitting in different toy then picture 1.

Let me know how I did guessing what was going on in each picture!!!

B.D.Riehl said...

1 - I tried to block Rae's way with her exersaucer and she got stuck
2 - Rae's first voting experience
3 - Raegan's first pony tail
4 - I was taking a shower and things had gone too quiet. I found Rae with TP all over the bathroom and in her mouth
Not very exciting sutff, but all cute!!