We had such a full weekend! Liz went to her first birthday party (here's a shout out to Mila - Ha-ay!!) and really, truly played with her little friend, Emma, for the first time. We had dinner and a fun game night at our friends, the Rash's, and Liz actually let another woman touch her! I was ready to call the paper on the rareness of that one! Liz has no problem with men (which is cute for now, but I'm not thinking this will be so cool in the future) but is super wary of women. But she let Angie pull her up into her lap and Angie showed us her stellar multi-tasking skills as she juggled both our girls and played Phase Ten. Then I reached over and wiped Liz's nose and the magic of the moment was gone. Way to go, Mommy.
Liz got her first winter coat. (Last year I was such a paranoid new mommy, we just hid in the house all winter long) We took her for a walk on a chilly, October evening. And when I say chilly, I mean super, stinkin' hide behind your Mama cold! Liz's coat is too big for her so once she was zipped up, she reminded us of the "Christmas Story" kid: "I can't put my arms doooown!!" Hee, hee! She was adorable AND warm!
Deech also had a rare, but much sought after moment today. He and Liz were cheering on the Seahawks and Liz fell asleep in his arms. This I have happen to me on a weekly basis and forget to pause and enjoy as much as I should. This hasn't happened for Deech in months, so out came the camera.
Liz FINALLY had a tooth pop through and it's just hanging out near the surface of her gums. I tried to get pictures, but she just gave me cute, closed-mouth grins. I'll have to try again when you can see a whole tooth and not just the jagged peaks.
Hope you all had a marvelous weekend and that your week is even better!
By the by, Angie, I have had Christmas songs in my head all weekend!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment