High: Amazing homemade bread. Sourdough, flaxseed, wheat germ, honey, molasses, milk...warm and buttered. Can you taste it?
Low: Not sure I can re-create it.
High: Food from favorite Mexican restaurant ready for pick up in just a few minutes.
Low: More expensive than I anticipated, but fortunately a craigslist sell cushioned that yowza. And the cheesy goodness will certainly be worth it.
Low: Deciding to sell our car to bring our debt-free goal that much closer.
High: Husband's motorcycle that has been sitting sadly in the corner of our garage for two years is currently purring in the driveway.
Low: So much to do that I can't begin to help Mr. Man with.
High: Staring into a week of excitement: free family-friendly outdoor concert and firework show, family BBQ (with added bonus of parents who will be visiting!!!), a few days in the sun building a much needed patio cover, and another ultrasound to check out this squirmy girl.
Low: Pretty sure I caught a man at a restaurant videotaping Fo (while she shook her little bootie to the music playing) on his phone and pretty much turned into wussy mush and hid her as best I could instead of just stomping over and throwing his phone out the window like I wanted to.
High: A husband who listens and immediately shifted to block our kids, even if what I was whispering to him sounded nuts.
Low: Unseasonably cold weather for months on end.
High: Still ok enough weather to open the windows wide and make it outside for play.
Low: Cancelling a dinner night with friends due to an unexpected night at work for Mr. Man.
High: Two little girls that are very fun to watch movies with, share ice cream with and have story time with.
And a full day of play with a friend and her two kids earlier in the week.
Low: A very sick little Fo that has croup and had to be taken in for a breathing treatment today. Yuck.
High: A very upbeat, happy little girl showing her sweet spirit off through some very watery eyes and a very miserable state. And - big plus - 3 pounds heavier on the scale (she's been hovering at the same weight for almost a year) today! Whooo!!!
How about you?
2 comments:
Just realized I still haven't sent that bread recipe, huh? Dang it.
I'm ready to smack that man at the restaurant myself.
Sweet little Fo. I hope she feels better soon.
Oh my goodness! What a hoot! You started my 4th of July with a great laugh!
Post a Comment