Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Amazing

I have an amazing husband.
Incredible.
I have been sick for 4 days.
Four very long days in bed.
Four days of far too much tv - never good, especially not when Investigation Discovery is available.
Four days of being thankful for the ability to check FB on my phone and thankful for text messaging.
Four long days of hoping to get better so I could talk to my dear friend on the phone about important things going on in her life.
Four feverish days of coughing, sneezing, nose blowing, and shivering.
Four very long days for Dic to step in as Mr. Mom.
He did an amazing job taking care of me and the girls.
He would deliver medicine and fluids to me, then prepare meals for the girls.
He would tuck them into bed, then check on me before he crashed on the couch.
He even went grocery shopping so I could stop worrying about how I would ever get that done this week.
Today I am much, much better and I believe we are both more than a little relieved to fall back into our familiar rolls.
I had planned to make one of his favorite meals for him tonight to thank him for helping so much and being so great.
I had all the ingredients out and half assembled when the phone call I was expecting from my friend came through. After my cheek hung up on her twice, my husband stepped in and told me to let him finish dinner.
Sigh. Amazing, right?
Later, while swinging our girls outside together, I realized I lost my wedding ring. He very calmly told me he would look for it. I thanked him but told him it made more sense for me to look since I knew all the places I wandered to while chatting with my friend. I dashed inside, frantic to find it, when I noticed a sparkle out of the corner of my eye.
I moved my hand and saw the sparkle again.
Sigh...the ring was on my finger, right where it belongs.
Did I mention the last four days were incredibly long?
I went back outside sheepishly and told Dic where I found it and he only laughed at me a little.
I have an amazing husband.

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a guy! Sooo sorry you've been sick, that is so hard. When husbands step up to the plate like that, that is such a blessing! My hubby stepped up to the plate for me yesterday too, I wasn't sick, but you know, some days are just rough.

I laughed out loud at your comment when you mentioned telling your hubby that verse in Prov. I didn't really think about the safety issue of providing money for possible alcohol! Yikes!!

Adrian said...

Love it! Way to go, Richard! Thank God for wonderful husbands!

denise said...

He really is an awesome husband, especially since he finished dinner for you while you talked to your friend ;) You're blessed.

Glad you found your ring - where it belongs.