Never have been, never will be.
Now there was a short period of time when I lived with a herd of very fashionable ladies in a dorm.
They dressed me and tried to teach me a few things.
Nothing stuck.
In my "working girl" days I would frequent a place in the mall enough that the saleswoman would clap when I came in:
"My doll is here!".
She picked out the clothes.
I paid for them.
We were both happy.
Now I am fully living the frumpy mom years. Not because my kids have me so frazzled I can't possibly escape my sweatpants (I do try to overcome my lack of style and at least know this is a no-no).
Why do I mention all this?
We finally bought a second car this weekend. We prayed and prayed. We laid out our budget for the next 6 months. We called someone close for wise, godly counsel. We made a list of must haves and went shopping with a price, monthly payment and acceptable percentage in mind.
And we prayed some more. We so badly want to commit our finances to the Lord and be wise with all He gives us.
We found just the right car, the right price, right payment and acceptable rate.
It's a van.
I never thought I would drive a van and be so happy about it.
I keep picturing that commercial where the mom is talking about her van and she says, "It's not like I'm rockin' mom jeans..."
And this is where it comes together.
Sigh. I am sooooo rocking mom jeans. Not even rocking them. Just walking around in them pretending I am ok with it.
Truth is I just don't know any better.
Dic took us out to dinner on his allowance to celebrate our van. A sweet woman was flirting with the girls and, as most people do these days, stopped on her way out to ask about Fo's glasses.
"Are these for fashion?" she asked.
I almost shot Dr. Pepper out of my nose. Yes, I wanted to say, because we are sooo fashionable!
4 comments:
Oh, my, I'm right there with ya. And congratulations on your van. We LOVED ours!
Ugh, fashion! I just read another blogger's post about buying skinny jeans. Now I think we should shop for some when I'm there. I haven't worn skinny jeans since jr. high (probably with good reason), but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised?
Yep, tea hats and skinny jeans. Add it to the list ;)
Yes, congrats on the van! Do you feel like driving it out my way? :)
I know the feeling when it comes to fashion! It's so not a priority, but I would like to be a little more "with it"...but it costs $ to keep up!
LOL!! That's cute about Fo's fashion glasses. They are seriously adorable on her and I would totally die at the cuteness if my kids needed glasses. I think the younger they are with them, the cuter. :)
LOL! I never really think about if I'm fashionable...mostly just comfortable is important to me! My teen friend does give me a hand sometimes with her "stylin'" hand me downs (most of them would probably be snubbed in NY as "sooo last year"). But hey, I'll take whatever I can get! Anyways, IMO, I've always seen your style as classy and cute, if you've got those, then I say fashion smashion.
FUN about the van!!! Congrats! I want a van. At least if we have more kids I want a van. ;)
Post a Comment