Monday, July 12, 2010

Not Me Monday

I did not under any circumstances open the door this morning to let Dic's co-worker (who was giving him a ride) in, then realize I was giving him my right-out-of-bed best.
I did not acknowledge to myself that boxer shorts, a tee and lack of proper undergarment is not as cute or acceptable post kids (aka post perky).
I did not mumble jibberish under my breath and scoot down the hall to hide, leaving him and Little Miss to fend for themselves.
I did not realize that was incredibly rude, then feel immense relief when Fo woke up and I had to go attend to her. I did not let her cry a second longer and louder so he would be aware that I had a baby to care for.

While becoming more "dairy-free" informed, I have not found myself on the Vegan Society website time and again. I did not find myself with a lazy opportunity to cruise the site yesterday and read through all the different aspects of Vegan living. I did not find that while reading, I was actually reading it out loud, very quietly, in a British accent.
I was not at all proud of my accent. It did not make perfect sense to me that while reading the vegan creed, one must be thinking and talking in a British accent. It does not make perfect sense.

Yesterday I did not start to teach the 2s and 3s Childrens' Church class. I did not feel frazzled and disorganized. I did not leave one little girl behind outside when we all went back in after a few minutes of play time.
Her mom was not one of my helpers yesterday and she was not the one who noticed her daughter missing and ask me if I had seen her. I did not panic, search the halls, then, with a gulp and heavy heart look for her outside.
She was not standing by the gate, shut into the playground with her little hand poking through the gate. I did not feel terrible!!!

After our interesting morning at church I did not come home, bake and cook up a storm and spend the rest of the day relaxing. I did not under and circumstances FORGET to attend my friend's birthday party for her 1 year old that was fighting for her life this time last year! I would never speak of the love and wonder of God over and over, then be so completely spacey and forget to love on my friend. Never! Not me!
Sigh.

A few nights ago, I did not hear a loud bang at 10:30pm and want to scream when I realized the neighbors were setting off illegal fireworks. I did not go outside, watch the next firework go off, with a loud boom and burst of color, then hold my breath as the falling embers streamed right toward my roof and sleeping babies inside. I did not march in, wondering who in the world needs to set off loud fireworks a week after the 4th so late at night! I did not call the police...technically. I did not call Dic and grumble a bit. He did not call someone at work and have it take care of. I do not love my husband's job sometimes!

We did not let our girls play on their swing set until after 9pm last night. We always put our gals to bed at a reasonable time and would never allow our joy in watching them play interfere with our very strict bedtime. Never! Not us!

How is your week not going?

1 comment:

Adrian said...

awesome. love you!