Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Four Eyed Fo


This happy cross-eyed girl of mine. We finally got to see Fo's eye doctor today and find out what is going on with those wandering eyeballs of hers.
Turns out she is extremely far-sighted.
Or, as Dic now puts it, blind as a bat.
Not really blind
but definitely visually impaired enough that she is constantly crossing her eyes in an attempt to focus.
I think it's pretty darn cute, except, you know, the fact that she's seeing double all the time.
So about a week from now, Miss Fo will be sporting some very fashionable glasses.

As we have been preparing for her eye appointment and asking questions of friends that are more informed in this area than I, I knew that glasses were a very real possibility. As I thought about it I would just think, "Oh wouldn't Fo be simply darling in glasses?!"
Yet once the doctor told us about her far sightedness and that she would be in glasses "for the duration...all childhood and into adulthood" I got a lump in my throat.
I wear glasses.
I think kids in glasses are adorable.
I love the glasses look.
Those things are all true, but now it's my baby, my little precious girl.
Do kids still get called "four eyes" these days?
Does it matter?
Not really. I know that. I know that my Fo is a beautiful, wonderful child. I know glasses will only enhance her beauty and make her that much more unique and special.
I cant' wait.
Although, to be honest, I think I will giggle with her for the first week or so.
Especially considering the Dr made a point of saying, "They'll be pretty thick lenses."
Sweet girl.
And, even though I don't love wearing my own glasses, I plan on sporting them for "the duration".

2 comments:

Lisa said...

AWW! She's going to look super-cute in her new specs!

denise said...

Glad to hear that she'll be seeing great with her new glasses. She WILL be adorable in them, just like her mama ;)