It's not the most wholesome, but I love the Chicago soundtrack. Love it. So does my husband, actually. I get lost in that wicked world of husband killing and cell block tangos...Sigh. It's so very wrong.
Last night Dic was working late and while the girls and I had dinner together, I was rockin' out to the soundtrack.
They were not impressed.
In fact, Fo was so disgusted she lost her dinner...all evening long.
This wouldn't be any real cause for alarm except for the fact that she has been having episodes for about 8 weeks now. We've been working with her Dr, trying different things and finally we were sent to a Pediatric GI last week to find out what in the world is going on with her.
Argh. At least that was the plan.
Our GI Dr. was more interested in her crossed eyes than her stomach issues and we walked away with more questions (and frustration!) than answers.
Last night she her worst episode yet. I was weeping every time she threw up and poor Little Miss was so concerned.
"Mommy, owie! Baby owie!"
For the first time I regretted our one car situation. I'm not sure what I would have done with a car, but I felt completely stuck without one. Poor Dic was having a crazy night at work (he had been called in early and had to stay late). My wonderful sister brought me some pedialite and my dad. HE stayed until my mom finished with something at church and they both helped me calm down and get Little Miss settled peacefully in bed.
Of course the minute they left Little Miss asked for water and when I handed it to her in the dark, I missed her hand and spilled water all over her bed. It was a lovely night!
Anyway. Fo started keeping food down around 9, but still no wet diapers (going on 16 hours) so we called the on call this morning. If she hasn't peed in 5 hours, she is going to the ER.
Poor little baby. I know there are children and parents out there dealing with so much worse. It's just so hard to not know what is going on with your child!
Dic keeps joking that he needs to take notes for when she is on Mystery Diagnosis.
Can't wait.
So not a very fun post, but a plea for prayer. I know she is in God's Mighty Hands and even if I - and the Dr.- don't know what is going on with her...He does.
My but that is a great source of peace.
*UPDATE*
My sweet lil' Fo Bear gave me a wet diaper. A pathetic one, but wet nonetheless. Hooray!
After all my cheering Little Miss made a puddle of her own...
right on my kitchen floor.
She is still wondering why the celebratory cheers swiftly turned into scolding and tears.
For now we are back to normal and hopefully Fo will stay that way!
Off to gaze at my hottie hubby while he installs our new dishwasher. I've never been more attracted to him...or more excited to dirty up some dishes!
4 comments:
So glad she's doing better! Enjoy your new dishwasher!
Glad she is better - praying for clear answers!
Please know that you can call me no matter the time, and I will jump in my car and sit at your house and be your support, clean up baby throw up, and wet floors, and whatever else you may need.
I am so glad she is doing a little better. Praying for the poor sweet girl and her Mama too.
Love you guys!
Thanks for the update, although it feels a little weird to celebrate a wet diaper ;)
I'm praying for you guys.
Post a Comment