Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Point

"Two things I ask of you, O LORD;
do not refuse me before I die:
Keep falsehood and lies far from me;
give me neither poverty nor riches,
but give me only my daily bread.
Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you
and say, 'Who is the LORD?'
Or I may become poor and steal,
and so dishonor the name of my God." Proverbs 30:7-9

Isn't that really the point? All we need is our daily bread. God is willing to give so much more. Not because we need it or deserve it, but because He loves us. Each one.
So may we be satisfied - no, may we long for just our daily bread. Let us praise God in Heaven for the fulfillment of our needs. Let us not long for the fulfillment of our desires. Let us praise Him in poverty. Let us praise Him in richness.
Let's just praise Him. Each one.

No comments: