Overheard at the gym this morning:
Three strangers talking about weight loss, diet, etc. The petite woman (who tells us she is 110 lbs and wants to lose 8 more and just can't seem to...and almost had a hefty, nursing mama shove some stretch marks in her face, ahem) confesses she has a problem with french fries and ice cream says: "I hope in Heaven we get to eat good stuff without counting calories and I hope there are no alarm clocks."
I laughed and pushed on with my cardio. I thought of the many ways God has used feasts in His story and to represent His plans (The Passover meal still celebrated by Jews today has the story of Christ all throughout it's rituals. It's purely amazing).
Jesus shared a very important Passover with his followers.
He used bread and wine to represent His own sacrifice for us.
Jesus calls Himself the "Bread of Life."
And while I don't believe that when we see dazzling streets of gold, gates made of pearls, seas clear as glass...and most importantly the face of our Sweet Lord Jesus Christ food and calories will be on our minds, I am sure that our Lord has some amazing recipes He is itching to cook up for His many feasts.
And as for alarm clocks? I think if we sleep at all we will be itching to be up about our Father's business as soon as possible.
Now excuse me whilst I clean up the yogurt art that has been smeared on the table...
No comments:
Post a Comment