I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but one of my most favorite (read: favorite but I have commitment issues, and can't ever say I have a favorite of anything just in case I change my mind!) musicians is Mark Schultz. In college I had never heard of him and my sweet friend, Nicole (Nack to us), invited me to his concert.
I was hooked. Since then I have been to two more concerts: one as a birthday present from my man and one was an outdoor festival. My teenage niece went with us to that one and we left our group on a grassy knoll and found that the whole front row was empty.
I don't think my niece will ever recover from her aunt's behavior that night.
I jumped.
I danced.
Did I mention I have no dancing ability whatsoever?
Still, I shook my groove thang and sang every song at the top of my lungs. I even caught Mark's eye now and again.
I'm pretty sure he would have loved me...ya know if he weren't married and all...
And I might have drooled a bit...if I wasn't married and all.
Anyway. Mr chose to work overtime at a basketball game this weekend. He had also worked at his city's Christmas parade that morning, so he had a busy day. He called me from the game and I was so distracted by the next few minutes of conversation that I put a size 4 diaper on my size 2 baby and didn't notice until much later...
Him: "So, want to hear something random?"
Me: "Always."
Him: "Mark Schultz is here at the school giving a concert.'
Me: "WHAAAAAT?! ARE YOU KIDDING? WHAT??!!"
Him: "I'm actually going to duck out and see if I can meet him."
Me for the next hour: pacing, checking the computer to see why I didn't know he was going to be in town. (Found out later it was a last minute concert and the church sponsoring it hadn't had much time to advertise) Wishing we had a car because I would pack the girls up and we would head to a concert in our jammies.
Richard called later and said he was on his way home. We chatted for a few minutes about the game.
I waited.
He kept talking about everything but my favorite singer/songwriter/performer.
Then he said, "Mark's a pretty cool guy."
He went on to tell me he couldn't get an autograph or picture because Mark was in a hurry. For the next ten minutes I told myself that autographs are silly. He's just a normal person. It's not like I need to be one of those crazed fans who needs autographs or anything.
Then my husband came home and handed me a piece of paper from his work notebook.
Bethany: God Bless. Mark Schultz (goofy smiley face).
(I had plans to take a picture and show you, but both of our cameras are in our car in a parking lot somewhere)
I giggled and squealed like a pre-teen girl at a Jonus Brothers concert.
I also have plans to show you my handsome husband next to Mr. Schultz...as soon as we figure out how to get that picture off of his phone.
Yesterday my hero wasn't feeling well and we stayed home from church. As I was wrapping up that caramel that I took pictures of the other day, I had a sudden thought:
"Oh no! I hope you didn't make Mark Schultz sick!"
3 comments:
LOL!!!! That is awesome!!!
Wow, what a great story! I love it!
You crack me up! I can't wait to see the pictures.
Post a Comment