No decorations until after Thanksgiving dinner.
No Christmas music until decorations are going up (unless you live where a radio station plays Christmas music on Halloween...which just happens to be the case with me).
And movies are a huge no no until Thanksgiving night. Then it's pretty much constant in the background until Christmas day.
Christmas decorations, music and movies are packed away soon after until next year.
Some movie exceptions:
Meet Me in St. Louis is ok stsrting in October because it has a Halloween scene. (this isn't technically a Christmas movie, but a very famous Christmas song was written for it)
Miracle on 34th Street is acceptable November 1st because it has a Thanksgiving scene. I am usually only for the classic version of movies, but in this case, I love the remake. I think the little girl is adorable and I think it's so romantic when they go on a Christmas date. Sigh...
Finally, Elf is ok whenever I want to watch it because it is so funny! But I usually wait until Fall brings me a very cold day.
Other than those exceptions, Christmas things are not welcome in this house until Christmas season. That way we can live every minute with the awe and wonder that makes Christmas so special. Movies are NOT allowed - no ifs, ands or buts!!!
That being said...
isn't Raegan so cute watching our Holiday Classics DVD?!?!?!
For a yummy granola recipe, head over to my Inspired Blog
4 comments:
I LOVE ELF! One of my favorites, definitely. I crack up just thinking about the scene where he's trying to get on the escalator for the first time! Oh, man.
Seriously - I have never watched ELF. But I guess we'll be watching it this weekend :)
I love all things Christmas. I've been longing for Christmas music, but I'm holding back until November. Then it's a free-for-all.
LOL, shows how strict you are!! :) I feel the same way about Christmas stuff! Seriously, if it goes on FOREVER, then it's so hard to see it as special and sacred, and it starts to just be annoying!!! But yes, Elf can be watched anytime..in fact, maybe I'll just throw that in our netflix que now. :) I've actually considered borrowing Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer from the library..but self control has won so far. I'm curious to see what special movies, songs, Chloe gets sentimental about when she gets older. :)
I heard Christmas music in Costco the other day on a CD sampler thingy and I almost bought two Christmas CD collections because I was so excited. I seriously walked out of Costco and it was windy and rainy and in my head started singing "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...." Can't wait!! If I make it to Thanksgiving it will be a miracle. I start to lose all self control after halloween.
Post a Comment