Friday, April 3, 2009

UPDATE!

* We are home from our very busy day at last. We had quite the ultrasound. This little one is a mover and shaker for sure!!! We saw baby yawn and swallow and smack its lips. At one point we thought baby was picking its little button nose. It's little legs were crossed at the ankles a lot - which is something Liz does and always has. This sweet baby just couldn't stop showing off! I loved it, although we had a very hard time seeing what this stinker is! Its little foot kept getting tucked under its bottom and covering the genitals. Finally, at the very end, we were flashed and found out we are having a baby....
Oh, that's right. We are keeping it quiet. It's fun, but hard not to share. The grandparents are going a bit crazy and I am already seeing that anything I say about "Kid 2" will be dissected and investigated to see if I let anything slip. I was telling my sister today that this baby has Deech's profile whereas Liz has mine and all she could say was, "Is this an indirect hint?". Sigh. It's going to be a looooong 20 more weeks!
So a question we have been asked repeatedly is: Why? Why keep the gender a secret? Well, at first we just wanted to keep the name a secret. When we found out that Liz was a girl, everyone knew her gender and name, so when she was born all we could share were measurements. We wanted more to share. As we talked about it, we decided it would be really fun to keep the gender a surprise. We want that moment when everyone is anxiously awaiting news in the delivery room and Deech bursts through the door with: "IT'S A.......!!!" I get chills thinking about it!
And, at this point, we have so many people bugging us and trying to guess, it just makes us more determined to keep everyone waiting.
So now we have to come up with a name since we weren't really thinking about it yet. Naming someone is such an important task! I feel great responsiblity to give a strong name with meaning.
I would love to post pictures of the ultrasound here, but we weren't given any on a disc and our scanned pictures can't be uploaded for some reason, so I will have to head to my parents' house sometime next week. Thanks for praying. Have a great weekend!!*



I didn't sleep a wink last night. And I have accomplished nothing today. I was actually able to score some quiet time, but have been so antsy I just didn't soak it up like I wanted. But, I did pick up on more titles for our Amazing God in just a few chapters in Genesis. I need to share them to calm down my anxious spirit!
PROMISE MAKER
PROMISE KEEPER
REAL
PROTECTOR OF MARRIAGE
MOST HIGH GOD
CREATOR OF HEAVEN AND EARTH
KING OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
KING OF PEACE
DELIVERER
SHIELD
VERY GREAT REWARD
SOVEREIGN
COVENANT MAKER AND KEEPER
GOD WHO SEES
GOD WHO BLESSES
MIRACLE WORKER
Seriously, just a few chapters and I am so very aware of the essence of what God says about Himself. Isn't He amazing. Again, I'm anxious about this appointment and so excited to see what His plans for us are...at least what He will reveal today. Will update this evening!!!